Licenses and Permits


We can handle all of your Arizona driver’s license needs!

Are you in need of a driver’s license, identification card, or learner’s permit? You have come to the right place! Arizona Motor Vehicle Express is committed to providing you with the best MVD (Motor Vehicle Division) alternative, and completing your transaction in a fast, friendly, and efficient manner! You can count on us to make it as easy as possible to apply for your driver’s license road test, ID card or instruction permit!


Are you a new Arizona resident? If you have just moved to our beautiful state, you may be wondering how to transfer your driver’s license or ID card to Arizona.

To obtain a Standard Driver’s License, Learners Permit or ID card: (All documents submitted to the MVD office must be originals or certified copies, in English, certified by the issuing agency; no photocopies)

  • Licenses Only – Current out of state license (cannot be expired by more than one year) or an Official Motor Vehicle Record from your previous state (must be issued with the last 30 days)
  • Proof of citizenship – Original Birth Certificate or Passport (may be expired)
  • Social Security number must be provided on the application and verified electronically with the Social Security Administration
  • If your name on your proof of citizenship is different from your current name, you must show legal proof of name change. You must first change your name with the Social Security Administration at least 24 hours prior
  • Marriage License / Certificate (Last Name)
  • Divorce Decree (Restored Last Name)
  • Court Ordered Name Change Document

    Provide two forms of permissible name usages listed below (cannot be used to change a first name)

  • Driver License, ID or Instruction Permit issued by any state or US territory
  • Social Security Card
  • US Military Active Duty, Dependent ID card
  • US Armed Forces Driver License
  • US Department of Veterans Affairs Card
  • Medical Insurance ID card (including AHCCCS)
driver license service

To obtain a Federal Travel Driver’s License or ID card (Learner’s Permit do not qualify), in addition to the documents listed above, you will need:

Proof of Citizenship – Original Birth Certificate or valid Passport (cannot be expired)

Two Proof of Residency – Any two pieces of mail or documents with your name and residential address (cannot be a P.O. Box) issued from a business, organization or government agency

Learner’s Permit Testing and Driver’s License Exams

Click here to see a complete list of approved documents

We also provide service for:

  • Out of State Eye Exams
  • Duplicate Commercial License
  • Replacement Driver’s License, ID cards, and Learner’s Permits
  • Driver’s License Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs)
  • Written Testing
  • Travel Driver’s License and ID Cards
  • Motorcycle Permit Testing
  • Driver’s License Name Changes
  • Driver’s License Reinstatements
  • Identification Cards
  • Out of State Driver’s License Transfers
  • Road Testing
  • Arizona Driver’s License Renewals (except CDLs)